Skip to main content

Cicada Slough 蟬蛻



 今天自己試了蟬蛻,比想像的不臭耶,甚至可以說味道蠻好的,聞起來,涼涼香香的。

處方已經跟其他藥粉混在一起了,裡面還有佛手柑,不過很確定沒有一些動物類藥會有的腥味


室友說因為蟬只吃樹汁,所以會有樹木的香氣。然後說以前捉蟬,其實吃起來像蝦米,就是香香酥酥,但比較偏植物的香...

「也像炸豆腐的皮的那種脆皮」她邊說、彷彿開滿小花

「好喔,就是比蛇和青蛙好吃就對了」天然的洋芋片,我決定這麼理解

「現在這樣講起來還會回味無窮耶——」


我們以前也討論過「蟬蛻」到底算不算素的?我覺得是素的,因為是蟬不要的殼


蟬蛻對喉嚨是很好用的藥,以前在醫院和診所都沒有進這個(或是設在自費或鎖檔),那時候就心想,要是我有自己的診所就要有這個藥。所以我就進了


I tried cicada slough myself today, and they weren't as smelly as I expected; in fact, they smelled quite nice, cool and fragrant.


The prescription is already mixed with other powdered medicines, including bergamot, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the funky smell that some animal-based medicines have.


My roommate said that cicadas only eat tree sap, which is why they smell of trees. Then she said that when she used to catch cicadas, they tasted like dried shrimp—fragrant and crispy, but with a more plant-like aroma…


“It's also like the crispy skin of fried tofu,” she said, her eyes sparkling with delight.


“Okay, it's definitely tastier than snakes and frogs.” Natural potato chips, that’s how I decided to interpret it.


“Even now, talking about it like that makes me want to relive the memory—”


We've discussed before whether cicada sloughs are considered vegetarian. I think they are, because they're the shells cicadas don't want.


Cicada sloughs are a very effective medicine for sore throats. When I worked at hospitals and clinics, they didn't have this medicine (or it was only available as a self-pay item or locked up). Back then, I thought to myself, if I had my own clinic, I would definitely stock this medicine. So I bought some.


◬ ⟁ ⧋ ◬ ⟁ ⧋ ◬


蟬蛻為蟬科昆蟲黑蚱的若蟲羽化時脫落的皮殼,這種蟬喜歡棲息在楊、柳、榆、槐、楓楊這些樹木。

Cicadae Periostracum, commonly known as Cicada Slough in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), is the cast-off nymphal skin of the cicada (Cryptotympana pustulata Fabricius).  They prefer to inhabit trees such as poplar, willow, elm, Japanese Pagoda, and Chinese Wingnut tree.



蟬蛻具有清涼的功效,常用於緩解咽喉腫痛、聲音沙啞、失聲和咽喉癢等症狀。因此蟬蛻常見於治療急性咽炎、喉炎和咽喉不適等疾病的中藥方劑組成。

Cicadae Periostracum is used for its "cooling" properties to relieve sore throats, hoarseness, loss of voice, and throat itching. It often acts as one of the key components in TCM formulas for acute pharyngitis, laryngitis, and throat irritation.



蟬蛻的主要生物活性成分是 NADA二聚體和多醣 ,具有抗發炎、抗氧化和抗纖維化的特性。NADA(N-乙醯多巴胺)屬於兒茶酚胺類化合物,是昆蟲角質層變硬過程中重要的前驅物質。The main bioactive compounds of Cicadae Periostracum are N-acetyldopamine (NADA) dimers and polysaccharides, which show anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-fibrotic properties. This compound is a reactive intermediate in sclerotization, the process by which insect cuticles are formed.



蟬蛻能夠抑制發炎細胞浸潤,並降低發炎因子的表現(像是TNF-α、IL-1β和IL-6);它還能抑制肥大細胞釋放組織胺,因此能夠減輕引起喉嚨腫脹和搔癢的過敏反應。

Cicadae Periostracum inhibits inflammatory cell infiltration and reduces the expression of inflammatory factors (such as TNF-α, IL-1β, and IL-6). It also inhibits histamine release from mast cells, reducing allergic responses that can cause throat swelling and itching.



蟬蛻還能透過抑制 NLRP3 發炎小體的活化,降低呼吸道過敏和慢性呼吸道發炎的狀態,因此可說具有一定的免疫調節特性。

Cicadae Periostracum has been shown to reduce airway hyperresponsiveness and chronic airway inflammation, potentially by inhibiting NLRP3 inflammasome activation and exerts some immune modulation properties.



中醫理論中,蟬乃土木餘氣所化,飲風露而不食。其氣清虛而味甘性寒,歸肺、肝經,尤善逐肝經風熱。

In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) theory, cicadas are said to be transformed from the residual spirit of earth and wood, drinking wind and dew without feasting on food. Their energy is clear and ethereal, sweet and cold in nature, and enters the lung and liver meridians, especially effective in dispersing wind-heat from the liver meridian. 



其體輕浮,故能透熱;其性善蛻,故退目翳;其蛻為殼,故治皮膚瘡瘍癮疹。除了用於喉嚨症狀,也可用於治療小兒發燒、痙攣和皮疹。

Their light and buoyant nature allows them to release heat; their ability to molt quickly helps clear eye webs; and their molted shells are used to treat itchy skin and rashes. Besides being used for throat symptoms, they can also be used to treat fever, convulsions, and rashes in children.


ⴼ


今天醒來之前我正要付租屋的錢,好像回到大學的時候,很怕沒地方住,也很怕支持不了生活。他還說已經給我很折扣了勸我懂得感恩。還好醒來了,不然就要付2771給他了

I was about to pay my rent when I woke up this morning. It felt like I was back in college, terrified of having nowhere to live and not being able to support myself. He even told me he'd already given me a big discount and advised me to be grateful. .. and I woke up!that was big Phew~ otherwise I would have had to pay him 2771. 

𓈒𓂂 𓈒

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private bookroom | Stack#Folie à deux 私藏選書(持續更新)

  𖥗  社會時事/人性與集體行為   Social issues, Human nature, the Collective Behaviour   𖥗 《失控的憤怒機器》Outrage Machine;托比亞斯.羅斯—史塔克維爾(Tobias Rose-Stockwell) 《未來的犯罪》Future Crimes;馬克.古德曼 ( Marc Goodman ) 《不存在的績效:穩定報酬的真相解密! 馬多夫對沖基金騙局最終結案報告》No One Would LISTEN;哈利· 馬可波羅 ( Harry Markopolos ) 《AI底層真相》Code Dependent-Living in the Shadow of AI;穆吉亞(Madhumita Murgia) 《我們賴以維生的規則——從量尺、食譜、法律到演算法,人類如何確立和打破一切?》Rules: A Short History—of what we live by;洛林.達斯頓(Lorraine Daston) 《人類為何戰爭?:愛因斯坦與佛洛伊德留給21世紀的難題》Why War?;李察‧奧弗里(Richard Overy) -  所謂的正義與暴力明顯是互相衝突的矛盾,但我們卻很容易能證明,正義其實是從暴力演變而來⋯ ⋯ 從遠古新石器時代的部落骨骸與氣候證據談起,走過羅馬帝國的擴張,直到近代的世界大戰與烏克蘭危機,顯示出人類雖深知戰爭帶來的苦難與風險,但在特定環境與情勢下,戰爭仍一再被視為選項   𖥗  小說/人性與哲學    Literary fiction, Humanity, Philosophy   𖥗 《像這樣的小事》Small Things Like These;克萊爾.吉根(Claire Keegan) 《雪舞者》Dances on the Snow;盧基楊年科 ( Sergey Lukyanenko ) 《完美的一年》Dein Perfektes Jahr; 夏洛蒂.盧卡斯( Charlotte Lucas ) - 獻給對生活失去熱情、對自身的缺憾感到無助的你 《剪刀 石頭 布》Rock Paper Scissors;愛麗絲 ...

Grotesquephilia 喜歡醜怪,透露著 什麼現象?

  最近剛看完《來自深淵》,因為還有一些劇情中沒有解釋清楚的部分,就去找論壇上人物設定和隱喻的相關討論,於是就看到有人整理好的作者訪談紀錄。因為是舊番了,所以資訊也累積不少。其中有一段,作者提到他高中的時候,就專注在畫長著許多疣的生物和如何逼真的畫出疣的切面。這讓我回想起國中的時候有位同學,平常就很喜歡畫很醜的東西,越噁心、越醜,她就覺得越好笑。 I just finished watching Made in Abyss recently. Because there are still some parts in the plot that are not explained clearly, I went to the forum to find discussions about character settings and metaphors, and then I saw the interview records of the author that someone had compiled. (It’s an anime series adapted from a manga that released almost a decade ago, so you can find a lot of information.) In one paragraph, the author mentioned that when he was in high school, he focused on drawing creatures with many warts and the technique of drawing cross-section of warts realistically. This reminded me of a classmate in junior high school who liked to draw ugly things. The more disgusting and uglier, the funnier she thought it was.  那時的我從旁觀察並且感受得到,她是真心從這樣的行為和創作當中獲得樂趣。她也只會私下和朋友分享她的這個小樂趣,類似把你當成要好的朋友才跟你分享的意思。而那...

Sleep inertia 睡眠慣性

  剛睡醒感到難以起床,睡眠醫學上稱為「睡眠慣性」,它是睡眠和清醒之間的過渡狀態,表現為暫時性的認知和動作反應遲緩,持續時間通常約20~30分鐘,不過一小時內都算正常。 Sleep inertia refers to the groggy, disoriented feeling experienced after waking up. It's a transitional state between sleep and wakefulness characterized by impaired cognitive and physical performance. Sleep inertia typically lasts around 30 minutes, but it's normal within an hour. 時型(chronotype)為夜型人(俗稱夜貓族) 與社交時差高的人 (工作日與休假日的睡眠時間中點差異 [前移或後移] 兩個小時以上) ,以及剛好在深睡期或快速動眼期被叫醒的人,都會有更明顯的睡眠慣性反應。這些人會對外在刺激 (例如鬧鐘) 的喚醒依賴程度較高。 People who are night person (owl), people with high social jet lag (more than two hours of difference between midpoint of sleep on workdays and midpoint of sleep on free days [shifts forward or backwards]), and people who wake up from deep sleep or during a REM sleep cycle can increase the likelihood of experiencing sleep inertia. These people also have a higher reliance on external stimuli (such as alarm clocks) to wake them up. 除了上述情況之外,神經疾患和憂鬱症患者,也會變得需要異常長的時間才能脫離睡眠慣性。過長的睡眠慣性時間可否作為神經/...