Skip to main content

Complex Fools and Simplex Fools 秋田蘆屋芒草粗



高速皮質鉛療法

(戳到我笑點了

High-Velocity Transcortical Lead Therapy

(This one really got me!


𖧶


最新借的一本書,書名叫《黎亞》——從醫病衝突到跨文化誤解的傷害


選了這本書,是希望能療癒自己從之前的工作離職後還沒處理好的內在衝突。我跟自己說過,這可能再也好不了了;對於「醫療」這件事,對於自己從事的工作以及面對的「人」,充滿了一言難盡的複雜情感,對之又愛又恨。


雖然現在開設自己的診所佔了我幾乎所有的精神和心力,但這次回來其實還有另一件重要的事,就是讓自己的心好起來。

 

I've been reading this book recently, 

The Spirit Catches You And You Fall Down

A Homng child, her American doctors, and the collision of the two cultures


I chose this book hoping to heal the internal conflict I'd been dealing with since leaving my previous job. I'd told myself it might never heal; I was filled with complex emotions about healthcare, the work I do, and the people I deal with—a love-hate relationship.

Although opening my own clinic now takes up almost all of my energy and attention, there is actually another important thing I want to do when I return to my hometown, which is to heal my heart.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private bookroom | Stack#Folie à deux 私藏選書(持續更新)

  𖥗  社會時事/人性與集體行為   Social issues, Human nature, the Collective Behaviour   𖥗 《失控的憤怒機器》Outrage Machine;托比亞斯.羅斯—史塔克維爾(Tobias Rose-Stockwell) 《未來的犯罪》Future Crimes;馬克.古德曼 ( Marc Goodman ) 《不存在的績效:穩定報酬的真相解密! 馬多夫對沖基金騙局最終結案報告》No One Would LISTEN;哈利· 馬可波羅 ( Harry Markopolos ) 《AI底層真相》Code Dependent-Living in the Shadow of AI;穆吉亞(Madhumita Murgia) 《我們賴以維生的規則——從量尺、食譜、法律到演算法,人類如何確立和打破一切?》Rules: A Short History—of what we live by;洛林.達斯頓(Lorraine Daston)   𖥗  小說/人性與哲學    Literary fiction, Humanity, Philosophy   𖥗 《像這樣的小事》Small Things Like These;克萊爾.吉根(Claire Keegan) 《雪舞者》Dances on the Snow;盧基楊年科 ( Sergey Lukyanenko ) 《完美的一年》Dein Perfektes Jahr; 夏洛蒂.盧卡斯( Charlotte Lucas ) - 獻給對生活失去熱情、對自身的缺憾感到無助的你 《剪刀 石頭 布》Rock Paper Scissors;愛麗絲 .芬妮(Alice  Feeney ) - 相貌失認症這設定太有趣了,以致於我好奇到去搜尋相貌失認症所看到的人臉是什麼樣子。( p.s. 整本看完後再翻回故事開頭的第三行,會有意外的亮點。)我覺得好的書就是通篇都不說什麼大道理,但書中人物的心聲、角色互動之間的張力與情境卻能夠一再觸發許多思考。事情總會有損失的,你得習慣這一點。也許這是一件好事,人們總不能停留在原來所擁有的一切東西上,而是必...

Non-CVA-related Aphasia, How to treat it by TCM? 非中風後遺症之失語 中醫會如何診治 ?

無聲透露了他內在的天翻地覆 Silently revealed the upheaval in his heart 𓍼  非中風後遺症之失語症,可能來自頭部外傷、腦瘤、腦炎、癲癇,或暫時性腦缺血等因素,造成大腦的語言區受損(大多數人的大腦語言區位於左側,但這並非絕對),導致語言的「理解」或「表達」出現障礙,或是理解和表達能力都受損。另外,嚴重的心理壓力或創傷,也會引起暫時性的言語困難,而有失語症的表現。 Non-CVA-related aphasia can result from head trauma, brain tumour, encephalitis, epilepsy, or transient ischemic attack, which can damage the language area of ​​the brain (in most people, this area is located on the left side, but this is not always the case), leading to impairments in language comprehension, expression, or both. Furthermore, severe psychological stress or trauma can cause temporary speech difficulties, which can manifest as aphasia. ๋࣭𓈒𓂂 𓈒⭑𓍯𓂃 ֶָ֢˖ ࣪⊹ 這是發生在一位我非常親近的家人的故事。我最近一次很認真的跟這位家人談,才意外發現她疑似有失語的症狀,我認為可能因此導致她的一些行為舉止改變。 This is a story about a family member I'm very close to. During a recent serious conversation with this family member, I unexpectedly discovered that she might be experiencing aphasia, which I believe may be contributing to some of her behavi...

How Chariklo witnessed 我們的海灘無人能夠真正抵達

 「不要問人得了什麼病,卻要問這病找上什麼病人。」 “Ask not what disease the person has, but rather what person the disease has.” 我對「愛」什麼的其實並沒有太深刻的認同感,有時候甚至對試圖表達此概念的人和他們產出的東西產生深刻的厭惡,有時候則是某種非肉體的疼痛(很像低溫燒傷那種感覺)。也許是「愛」這個主題已經被用爛了。但我覺得比愛更偉大的人類情感是「原諒」。這想法是看了《 The Two Popes 》之後出現的。《黎亞》故事的最後也讓我很意外,我細思了許久事情演變至此,孩子的父母仍能和主治醫師互相擁抱這件事。該如何消化它帶給我的震撼。 I don’t really have a deep sense of identity with “love” or something like that. Sometimes I even feel a deep resentment towards those who try to express it and the things they produce. Other times, it's a kind of non-physical pain (much like the feeling of a low-temperature burn). Perhaps the theme of "love" has been overused. But I believe that a greater human emotion than love is "forgiveness." This thought came to me after watching The Two Popes . The ending of The Spirit Catches You And You Fall Down also surprised me. I pondered for a long time the fact that, after all these had happened, the child's parents were still able to embrace the attend...